A pack, troop, crew, den, patrol, adult leader, or individual Scouts may sell camp cards. However all money raised must be used for Scout activities, camps, materials, etc. An adult is required at the Kick-off.
This year’s card will feature 4 break-off tabs in addition to the main card.
The Andrew Jackson Council is pleased to announce the Hood Scout Reservation Camp Card. This initiative is designed to help
• Scouts earn their way to Summer Camp and additional programs and activities throughout their Scouting year.
• Units/Scouts participating in this program will earn up to 50% commission ($2.50) on each sold $5 Camp Card.
• The cards will be distributed at the Camp Card Kickoff meeting in February.
• The sale will end on April 15th , giving units a great window of opportunity to sell and pay for Camp! (Early Bird Fees for Boy Scout Summer Camp are due on April 15th this year)
• Accounts are to be closed out by Monday, April 17th.
Selling Camp Cards is more than another fund-raiser. It is a great way to teach Scouts responsibility and how to “earn” their way. It is also a great chance to help save parents from paying additional expenses for Summer Camp.
For 2017, each unit may check out 20 cards per selling Scout at a time. If more cards are needed payment for the previous cards is submitted and more cards may be checked out. Remember the 9th point of the Scout Law…A Scout is Thrifty.